2nd Annual Conference of the Max Planck Partner Group for Balkan Criminology
|17.09.2015 - 19.09.2015||Sarajevo/Bosnia and Herzegovina||Conference|
2nd Annual Conference of the Max Planck Partner Group for Balkan Criminology "Imprisonment in the Balkans" will be held in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina from 17th to 19th of September 2015.
Confirmed key note speakers include Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Hans-Jörg Albrecht (Director at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law and Head of the Department of Criminology), Prof. Dr. Dirk van Zyl Smit (Professor of Comparative and International Penal Law, Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Nottingham) and Prof. Dr. Marcelo Aebi (Professor of Criminology and Criminal Law, Faculty of Law, Criminal Justice and Public Administration of the University of Lausanne).
A number of renown experts from all the countries of the region will present the situation regarding imprisonment in their countries as well. The conference aims at mapping the penological landscape of the Balkans and is open to all interested academics, practitioners etc.
More information about the Conference will be provided in due time.
MPPG contact for 'Balkan Criminology' Conference: Karlo Ressler
- An Overview of Penology and Penal Practice in Slovenia after 1991.pdf
- Enforcement of Alternatives to Sentencing in Albania.pdf
- Greek Prison Policy between the Hammer and the Anvil.pdf
- Imprisonment in Albania.pdf
- Imprisonment in Croatia.pdf
- Imprisonment in Hungary.pdf
- Imprisonment in Macedonia .pdf
- Imprisonment in Serbia-Legal Framework and Statistical Overview.pdf
- Imprisonment of Juvenile Offenders in Croatia and the Balkans.pdf
- Life Imprisonment as an Alternative to the Death Penalty in a Period of Political Transition-Choices and Consequences.pdf
- MPPG Sarajevo Programme final.pdf
- Punishment in Romania.pdf
- Sentencing and Imprisonment Practices in Prostitution Cases in Croatia.pdf
- Trafficking in Human Beings and Imprisonment Practices in the Balkans.pdf